The Director of Operations is responsible for oversight and successful management operations by leading and engaging property management team members. This role is instrumental in monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on the performance of the Company’s portfolio while supporting our mission.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following.
Team Supervision and Development:
- Recruitment, hiring, training, and performance management of all property management team members.
- Facilitating growth and development of property management team members through leadership and a commitment to excellence.
- Provide excellent customer experiences for our prospects, residents, vendors, community partners, investors, and owners.
- Propose, adjust and review quarterly strategic goals and objectives for each community.
- Participate in weekly property team meetings to review performance objectives and goals.
- Create, manage, and execute action plans for underperforming assets.
- Oversee the Company’s third-party property management operators
- Conduct regular site visits as expected to achieve successful community performance
- Support other business departments (e.g., accounting, finance, construction, development) as needed.
- Lead and manage the preparation, execution and approval of property operating and capital budgets.
- Review and approve capital improvement projects within budget parameters.
- Work with property teams to ensure property expenditures remain within budget guidelines and capital expenditure policy is followed to ensure optimum impact on our communities.
- Monitor expense controls and implement initiatives to reduce operating expenses.
- Review historical financials, operating data, in-place contracts, and market conditions to maximize revenue and minimize expenses to meet or exceed budget expectations.
- Conduct financial analysis monthly, report internally to ownership and externally, as needed, to lenders, investors, and state finance agencies.
- Oversee all compliance requirements from affordable funding sources (e.g., LIHTC, HOME, etc.) within assigned portfolio.
- Establish relationship with state finance agencies and investors by providing timely feedback regarding compliance and operational functions.
- Ensures adherence with company policies and procedures and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Always adhere to Fair Housing requirements and regulations.
Development and Construction Support:
- Serve as a team member in the various processes of acquisitions and new construction, provide assistance, and feedback on the marketability and management of assets.
- Review and provide feedback on new construction project plans to maximize use and function.
- Evaluate, order, and execute delivery of all FFE for new construction projects.
- Evaluate and execute agreements for telephone, cable, and internet.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess authentic and genuine care of others with a strong desire to impact positive change in our residents’ lives
- A natural leader and team player, with a cultural fit and a style to operate effectively within a fast-paced company environment
- Strong relationship development and interpersonal skills with an ability to appropriately influence and inspire others, successfully manage conflict, and interact effectively with all internal and external stakeholders
- Be a proficient communicator and listener
- Ability to understand and analyze financial reports
- Ability to understand architectural, civil and construction plan drawings
- Ability to work independently and successfully execute multiple assignments
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Working knowledge of social media and MS Office software programs necessary
- Ability and willingness to effectively use other job-related technology tools
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area
- Walking, observing, and documenting activity in and around job sites
- Must be willing to travel as required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is that of a fast-paced office with minimal to high noise levels
- This position requires working independently as well as part of a team
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary
- This position requires the use of all general office equipment
- The position requires client information be maintained appropriately confidential
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a concentration in business, finance, accounting and/or real estate
- A minimum of three to five years of relevant property management or real estate asset management experience
- Attend fair housing training
- Attend other company required training