Provide leadership and oversight for the day-to-day preconstruction operations and project administration activities for all assigned projects. Work on the project from conceptual estimates thru bid analysis. Assist and oversee the development and implementation of drawings, specs, etc. to establish a construction document package which will be turned over to the construction department.
Include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Provide conceptual budget estimates for potential projects to The Annex Development Team
- Clearly identify project assumptions to and with the help of development team
- Provide engineering options to the development team, when necessary, to reduce project costs
- Assist in preliminary project schedule to establish total durations
- Obtain subcontractor pricing for unique project aspects
- Minimal travel to future jobsites to gather information on existing conditions as well as to identify and foster relationships with potential subcontractors
- Direct and oversee design of the project in meetings with architects and engineers
- Ensure The Annex Group’s design standards are incorporated into drawings
- Review drawings to ensure adequate information is provided to receive a full and complete subcontractor bids and minimize RFI’s
- Identify scope compared to initial budget assumptions and provide associated cost impacts
- Clearly track all design changes and associated cost impacts, and tie back to initial budget
- Confirm Development team and city required commitments are incorporated into drawings
- Create/maintain a subcontractor/supplier database/bid list for projects in new geographic locations
- Break down project into defined scopes/subcontractor bid packages
- Field all subcontractor questions and provide directions where necessary
- Maintain relationships with subcontractors
- Record and evaluate ongoing construction unit cost rates for comparison and future budgets.
- Evaluate ability and risk potential of new subcontractors
- Provide construction operations with clearly delineated and written scopes of work & associated low subcontractors bids
- Provide detailed budget inclusive of general conditions
- Identify potential change orders or undefinable scopes of work and establish appropriate allowances
- Subcontractor/Supplier solicitation and relationship management
- Extensive work using project management software
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in construction management/technology, engineering, architecture, or business
- A minimum of 10 years combined experience in Construction Project Management/Preconstruction Management/Design
- Experience in multi-family development
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects while continuing to meet project deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, organizational and time management skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional walking, standing, sitting within the work area
- Occasional driving to/from locations for business-related purposes
- Routine travel requiring air travel and overnight stay
- Walking, observing, and documenting activity in and around job sites
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is that of a fast-paced office with minimal noise levels
- This position requires working independently as well as part of a team
- At times while on site this position will be exposed to routine job site hazards and thus appropriate safety precautions will need to be adhered to in strict accordance to OSHA